The West Richland Community Care Foundation (WRCCF) was formed in 2017 as a non-profit organization to provide a source of funds for the West Richland Police Department officers to respond to critical material and service needs discovered during their interactions with the public. While that will always be a part of the organization’s mission, WRCCF now also provides support to schools within West Richland and continues to investigate additional ways to support the community.
WRCCF is governed by an all-volunteer board of directors and is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt public charity that depends upon support from area citizens and businesses to provide support to the community.
How You Can Help
Become a Volunteer
The WRCCF board of directors act as the governing body responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organization and for the oversight of the finances, operations and policies. Meetings typically occur once every two months. Additional directors are needed to help guide the organization as WRCCF moves into additional areas of community support.
If you are at least 21 years of age and interested in becoming director, please contact us for more information at: email@example.com.
The next board of directors meeting will be on Thursday, October 14th, 2021 at 6:30 PM on Zoom. Please contact us if you would like to participate.
WRCCF depends upon donations by area individuals and businesses to fund our community support. WRCCF is a 501(c)3 organization, and all monetary donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Donations may be dropped off at or mailed to the West Richland Police Department (business office) at the following address:
Or, donate through PayPal with a credit card by clicking on the PayPal button.
We have an Amazon Smile account. It is an easy way to support the community through our foundation. If you are interested, click on the SMILE button.
How We Have Helped
West Richland Police Support
Here are some of the ways that WRCCF has supported the community by funding the assistance provided by West Richland Police Department officers.
- Transportation assistance for stranded travelers
- Overnight lodging for families in crisis
- Replacement of household items removed as evidence
- Pet temporary lodging and veterinary care for hospitalized resident
- Purchase and installation of a child car seat
- Purchase of groceries and child care supplies for families in need
- Payment of veterinary expenses for Coco, a dog surrendered to West Richland Animal Control
Here are some of the ways that WRCCF has directly supported the community.
- Sponsorship of Thanksgiving meal voucher program in 2018
- Purchase and delivery of clothing supplies for nurse’s office at Tapteal Elementary
- Purchase and delivery of food/snack supplies for snack pantries at both Enterprise and Libby Middle Schools
- Purchase of gift card for as-needed use by Wiley Elementary
- Utility bill payment assistance for families referred by City billing staff
- Purchase of thermometers for West Richland Schools
- Sponsorship of holiday food voucher program in December 2020